Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Speed Reading Techniques - Improve Your Reading Speed

I enjoy reading, but must admit, according to a few simple online tests my 'words per minute' were under average. I had a problem with regression; always going back to sentences and phrases I thought I didn't grasp. Also, I was a master skimmer, which was great as long as I didn't have to repeat to anyone what I had just read, because I usually didn't remember any of it.

I wanted to learn how to read as much as I could in the quickest time and still take-in everything I read. This is ideally why I bought this book, hoping that it would help me.

It didn't take long for me to realize where my mistakes lay. Mostly I was doubting my own brain's ability to be able to absorb and comprehend any text I would read.

Before long and with some practice, the importance of which is well-emphasized in this book, I have managed to improve my reading dramatically and have almost doubled my 'words per minute' rate from 235 to 570. I believe I'm also getting even better.

I had heard of neuro-linguistic programming and rapid serial visual presentation before, but was never able to grasp their importance when it came to reading faster. Now I know all about them. Before I found this book I was searching for an online speed-reading program to download. However, this book came in first, and has taught me so much and helped me a great deal.



Preview book at http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Reading-Everything-Need-ebook/dp/B00AXX95FK/speed reading/


To be able to speed read is a goal that many professionals and book readers set out to achieve. Perhaps you are studying at present, or your new line of work requires you to approve of a number of written documents, or perhaps you are enjoying reading your new book, but have five lined-up waiting to be read. Either way, by reading this book and following the guidelines inside, you reading speed can increase dramatically.

With 'Speed Reading: Everything You Need To Know' you will learn more about which reading habits are responsible for your reading slowly, and you will be shown how to improve your inner and outer environment in order to combat these old habits.

Through reading this book you will have all of your questions answered, regarding 'subvocalization' and 'skimming'; the advantages and disadvantages of each. You will also learn a great deal about Neuro-linguistic Programming and Rapid Serial Visual Presentation as methods of speed reading, and how to incorporate these methods into your reading habits.

You will also find out more about how speed reading programs work; are they viable and do they help readers to achieve improved reading results.

Regardless of how fast someone claims to read; without comprehending the text they look over, the reader in truth will not have read anything, as without comprehension no reading has taken place. The '10 Step Plan' found inside was created by Sarah Whittaker, and is guaranteed to improve your reading skills and speed considerably.

This book is one in a series of well-written easy to follow life-skills related books written by Author Sarah Whittaker. You could choose to read this book a part from the series, and it will help to increase your reading speed dramatically and improve your overall comprehension rates. However, reading it as a part of the life-skills series written by Sarah, it could change your life altogether.