Friday, December 30, 2011

My Cab Story in Irving, TX - Irving TX Taxi

Have you ever gone to a new city you know nothing about? If you have, you know how agitating and difficult it can be. I recently took a trip to Dallas - Ft. Worth, Irving, TX to be exact. I had never been there and had to go to Irving for 10 days on business. I didn't have a car and relied on an Irving Taxi Service. I made friends with my driver, Rocky and learned a lot about the area.

On my first day, I landed about 6 in the morning and it was already excruciatingly hot outside. I called a taxicab in Irving, TX I found online to come pick me up at the airport. I started talking to Rocky on the way to the hotel in Irving. Asked him for a good spot to eat and where I could get a drink. He sent me to some very Texan eatery, just like I asked... I have to experience what locals do for entertainment and cuisine. I decided to use Rocky for my taxi service for the next 10 days.

Every time I went somewhere there was a traffic jam so it lended itself to pretty long conversations with him. He was a really nice guy with a family. He told me about getting use to the U.S. and Texas, his family back home, and how tough it was starting a business. I told him I worked online and he asked what that was... I don't think he really understood how I make a living doing it and I'm not fond of explaining, especially to my mom but, that's another story.

At the risk of sounding like Bubba on Forrest Gump, we went all over. Here are a few towns I went to while I was in DFW.
  • Hurst
  • Irving
  • Las Colinas
  • Coppell
  • Euless
  • Southlake


It's funny, you never really think about other people's lives during day to day interaction but, my taxicab driver in Irving helped me think that everyone has important things in their personal life whether it's family, friends, or things. I think the human race would be a much more comfortable and caring place if everyone took a little bit of time to find out about their fellow humans.

If you ever visit Irving, TX and need a cab, get ahold of Rocky at DFW Taxi Express 469-644-1832. Stop by his store at 411 Poplar Ln Irving, TX 75063. He's a friendly guy, good conversation, has a great cab company, and you can get to know a fellow human on this short stint we call life.

{