Thursday, September 29, 2011

How To Deal With Death - Living A Life Of Freedom

I have had lots of losses during my life and a few have been life changing. My initial loss was my mom who had struggled with cancer for many years. She was a wonderful woman which loved God with all of her heart. She looked forward to going home (Heaven) and seeing her Jesus. What a privilege to walk along with her as she did this last journey regarding life on this earth.

The next significant loss in my life was my father. Like my mother he loved His Lord and Savior and had for six years missed my mom extremely. I have the fortune to have him in my arms his last 4 hours of life. It had been just him and me and I knew he was heading home to see his Jesus as well as see my mother. I could actually smile while he took his last breaths and I heard the actual death rattle originating from his lungs.

Visit and receive our complimentary present

God had grown me in between my mother and dad’s passing away. I am not necessarily confident I could have held my mom and smiled while she proceeded to go home. Some of her last statements to me were her awesome anticipations regarding Heaven. During the last days and nights I'd read her the Bible, never quite to her full satisfaction, nevertheless she enjoyed my fumbling around with some of the words. I had grieved my mom’s arriving death for a long time and when she proceeded to go home I became delighted for her but sad pertaining to my father. My focus instantly turned to my dad nevertheless it absolutely was not possible for me to know of the depth regarding his despair. God would certainly show me this a number of years later on when my very own wife would die while very young. You see God had been preparing me for my personal journey. He had been maturing me to understand to depend on Him and Him alone.

To find out more about How To Deal With Death


To view our video click on: How To Deal With Death